H.B. Clinton, of the firm of H.B. & C.E. Clignan, physicians and surgeons, was born in O., in 1822; is a graduate of the Cleveland Medical College. He practiced in O.; from 1848 to 1855; then moved to Benton Co., Iowa, and practiced there until 1877, when he came to Sioux City and opened his
A. DePee, proprietor of the National House, corner of 3d and Nebraska streets, has lately remodeled and refurnished this hotel, and made it one of the best $1.00 per day houses in the city; has no bar connected with the house. He was born in Ind., in June 1836, and removed in 1856 to Wis.;
Geo. W. Beggs, M.D., is the son of the Rev. S.R. Beggs, the author of “Early Methodism in the West.” He was born in Ill., in 1837, graduated from Evanston College in the literary department, and received the degree of A.M., and from the Rush Medical College, Chicago, in 1862, where he received the degree
M.E. Bedford, of the firm of Bedford Brothers, dentists, began the practice of dentistry in Grand Rapids, Mich., in 1866; in 1872, located in Worthington, Minn., and engaged in the practice in Sioux City in 1876, with his brother, L.N. Bedford, who, with his assistant, R.F. Merrick, travels in Southern Minn., Northern Iowa, Southeastern Dakota
L.H. Drumm, proprietor of the Washington meat market, which is one of the finest markets in the west, with all of the appurtenances that would do credit to an eastern city-was born in Bavaria in 1839; came to America in 1861 and settled in Cincinnati, Ohio. removed to Lyons, Iowa; thence to New Frankfort, Mo.,
Phil. Carlin, County Recorder, is a native of Ill.; came to Iowa in 1860, and settled in Clinton Co.; removed to Woodbury Co., in 1871, and located in Union; was elected to his present office in 1880, and removed to Sioux City the same year.
George Douglass, M.D., was born in Canada in 1843; graduated in 1868 from the Eclectic Medical College of Ohio; came to Iowa in 1870, and settled in Iowa County. He removed to Sioux City in 1872, where he is now in the practice of his profession. He held the office of county physician for several
John Beck, proprietor of the Sioux City planing mills. This mill was established Aug. 22nd, 1871. In this year the building was enlarged, and machinery added, by Mr. B. and partner. In 1881, Mr. B. became sole proprietor. The amount of business transacted by the establishment, is about $12,000 per annum. Mr. Beck was born
Christ. Doss, proprietor of the Milwaukee House-located near dept-was born in Meeklingburg, Germany, in 1836; came to America in 1854, and settled in O., where he learned carpentry. Thence he removed to Dubuque, Iowa; came to this city in 1857, and was one of its pioneers. He married Mary Sohl, of Germany. They have five
E.H. Bucknam, of the firm of J.P. Dennis & Co., was born in Washington Co., Maine, in 1843; moved to Toledo, O., in 1866; thence to Chicago, where he remained until 1868, when he came to this place, and entered the above firm.