Enterprise, Wallowa County, Oregon Mrs. Glenn L. Cox Dies In Outside Hospital Mrs. Glenn L. Cox died at St Joseph hospital in La Grande Friday evening, March 1, 1940. She had been suffering from tumors for a year but her condition had not been considered really serious, and it was thought an operation would bring
David C. Johnson in his business career had been identified with the City of Eureka and had been a factor in affairs there for over a quarter of a century. He is one of the expert men in that field in real estate and related lines of business and is manager of the Eureka Mortgage
Nancy Maxwell Dies, Christmas Spent 52 years on Muddy Creek Farm Muddy Creek–(special)–Mrs. Nancy Ann Maxwell passed away Christmas morning at her home here. Mrs. Maxwell was born in 1867 in Effingham County, Illinois. She moved first to Reno, Nevada and then to Fort Bidwell, Calif., before coming to Oregon by wagon train in 1880.
Early Resident of Haines Community Buried Saturday Dies At Maxwell Home August 11th Muddy Creek-(Special)- Mrs. Mary Jane Davidson passed away August 11 at the home of her sister, Mrs. Nancy Maxwell. Mrs. Davidson, who was a member of the Baptist church in Haines, was born January 29, 1855 in Effingham, Illinois. She crossed the
Rev. Father Crowe, Pastor of the Catholic Church, Mattoon; was born in Oswego, N. Y., Sept. 19, 1851; his early life was passed in the public schools of his native city; here he completed a full course of instruction, passing regularly through the high school and normal department; at about the age of 18 years,
Ambrose Y. Hart, Jr., farmer; P. O. Paradise; is the son of Miles H. and Catharine C. Hart; was born in Effingham Co., Ill., Nov. 15, 1834; moved to Coles Co. Feb. 12, 1836; is the owner of fifty acres of land, valued at $2,000. Is Justice of the Peace, and has been for twelve
D. A. Rice, station agent, telegraph operator and grain-dealer, Oakland; born in Chautauqua Co., N. Y., April 4, 1847, where he lived until 9 years of age, when he removed with his parents to Pickaway Co., Ohio, where he commenced the study of telegraphy, living there three years; then to New Lexington, where he lived