W. L. Munroe, who is engaged in cultivating a farm of ninety-six acres in Mount Pleasant Township, has been a lifelong resident of the locality in which he now makes his home, for his birth occurred in Mount Pleasant Township, August 1, 1860, his parents being O. C. and Lavinia Munroe. The father, a native of Vermont, came to the west in 1844 and cast in his lot with the pioneer settlers of Racine County, establishing his home at Mygatt’s Corners, in Mount Pleasant Township. The work of development and improvement in the locality was then in its primitive stages and he became active in the task of converting this district into a well developed and prosperous region. His wife was also a native of New England and they were married in Vermont. Upon the farm in Mount Pleasant Township Mr. Munroe continued to make his home until called to his final rest.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
At the usual age W. L. Munroe entered the district school near his father’s home and afterward continued his education as a public school pupil in Racine. When his textbooks were put aside he devoted a year to work upon his father’s farm and then began farming on his own account, now concentrating his efforts and attention upon the further development and cultivation of a good tract of land of ninety-six acres. His labors are resultant, for his methods are practical and in the conduct of his business he displays unremitting industry.
In 1884 Mr. Munroe was married to Miss Edith J. Bartlett, a daughter of J. O. and Editha Bartlett. They have a family of three children: Edwin Lee, Nellie Maude, and Inez Edith. Mr. Munroe gives his political support to the Republican Party, with which he has voted since age conferred upon him the right of franchise. He has held no political offices but has served on the school board and is helpfully interested in matters pertaining to the general welfare and upbuilding of the district.