Discover your family's story.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Jonathan Lord, Jr., and David Lord, the first of the name to locate in Norwich, came from Colchester, Connecticut, (in what year is not definitely known, probably about 1773). They were two of several children born to Jonathan and Ruth Lord of that place.
Jonathan, Jr., was born February 17, 1752; was a voter in Norwich in 1784. He married, in October, 1782, Mary Smith, and their children were:
- Porter Lord.
- Russell Lord.
- John Lord.
- Polly Lord.
- Lydia Lord.
- John Proctor Lord
- Rachel Lord.
Mr. Lord died at Norwich February 27, 1821.
David Lord was born at Colchester August 4, 1756, and died at Norwich January 25, 1803. He married Hannah Hanks, by whom he had eight children:
- Asa Lord, born in Norwich, October 14, 1783, married (first) Ruth Howe, and their children were:
- Ira Lord, who died in Thetford, Vermont.
- Lyman Lord (deceased).
- Abigail Lord (deceased), married William Cummings.
- Laura Lord (deceased), married Tarbell Senter.
- Gideon Lord, born in Norwich, Sept. 8, 1814, and died here Apr. 9, 1898, married Belisant Clough.
- Amasa C. Lord, removed to Illinois, after graduating from Dartmouth College in 1843, and died at Somonauk, that state.
- Laura Lord ( deceased), married Jonathan S. Lord.
- Mills A. Lord, married Livia Seaver of Norwich, daughter of Captain Calvin Seaver.
Asa Lord married (second) Amelia Root of Norwich and their children were:
- Frances Amelia Lord
- Abel Lord
- Emma A. Lord
- M. Ellen Lord
- William Lord
- Henry Lord
- Persis Lord
John Lord (son of Jonathan, Jr.) was born in Norwich, August 1, 1782, and died in town June 19, 1882. He married Lucy Bliss, to whom were born:
- David Bliss Lord (died in Norwich);
- Jonathan Smith Lord (deceased),
- Lucius Stebbins Lord;
- John Mills Lord, a Congregational clergyman at Weymouth, Mass.;
- Harriet A. Lord, who married John Dutton;
- Lucy Isabella Lord, widow of Augustus Chandler;
- Horatio Lord
- Albinus Lord