Williams, Frank A., Bridport, was born in Bridport, Addison county, Vt., on July 29, 1831. He was educated in the common schools at Bridport, and also at the select schools at Vergennes and Bridport. He was brought up on the homestead to farming pursuits. He was lister of the town in early years, selectman for three years prior to 1878, when he represented his town in the Legislature; he also had charge of the Fletcher Cemetery fund for two years. He is a successful breeder of fine sheep, horses, and also has a large and very fine dairy, and owns 305 acres of the finest land in town. He occupies the handsome family residence purchased by Colonel Cook in 1816. He was married on June 4, 1857, to Mary Agnes Pease, who was a daughter of Lyman Pease. They have five children, three daughters and two sons — Henry K., Anna F. Gertrude C., Estella M., and Mark Pease, all of whom are at home. Frank A. Williams was a son of Amasa and Lucinda (Sift) Williams. Amasa Williams was born in Bridport, Vt., in 1794, on the farm originally settled by his father, Joseph Williams, who settled in Addison county about 1786, on the place now owned by Robert Hutchinson. Joseph Williams erected a cloth-dressing establishment on Dead Creek, built a dam there, and continued his business in this same place until the time of his death, which occurred in 1845. He was a pioneer and successful man. He had a family of four sons and four daughters. His son Amasa married Lucinda Swift on November 29, 1816. He raised three children to maturity — Lovina (who was the wife of C. D. Keeler; is now deceased), Joseph S. (who is a very successful citizen of Bridport), and Frank A.