V. N. Bacon came to Elmore from Williamstown, Vt., in 1850, and located upon “Mt. Lookout farm,” on the west side of Elmore pond, in 1850, where he resided until his death, in 1874. His son, Oliver D., now resides on the farm, where, in 1878, he established Camp Bacon, a resort for campers and picnickers. This is a beautiful location for boating and fishing, is supplied with boats, a camp-house 15×25 feet, and all the accessories of a resort of this kind, and is well patronized each season.
Biographical Sketch of V. N. Bacon
MLA Source Citation:Child, Hamilton. Gazetteer and business directory of Lamoille and Orleans Counties, Vt., for 1883-1884. Hamilton Child. 1887. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 24 August 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/vermont/biographical-sketch-of-v-n-bacon.htm- Last updated on May 22nd, 2011
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at Gazetteer of Lamoille County Vermont for 1883-84.