Thomas Davis, a Connecticut sea captain, came to Wolcott at an early date, and purchased fifty-five acres of land on road 24, which is now owned by his grandson, Pardon Davis. A year or two after his settlement Mr. Davis erected a house of planks, the outside being lathed and plastered, the walls being decorated with pebble stones, arranged in fantastical figures in the plaster before it hardened. This house is still remembered by some of the inhabitants, because of its oddity. Mr. Davis also planted an orchard when he first came here, bringing the trees from Connecticut, some of which are still bearing fruit. He married Sarah Fay, and reared a family of six children, all of whom lived to have families of their own. His son, Taylor, was one of the founders of the Congregational church.
Biographical Sketch of Thomas Davis
MLA Source Citation:Child, Hamilton. Gazetteer and business directory of Lamoille and Orleans Counties, Vt., for 1883-1884. Hamilton Child. 1887. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 23 July 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/vermont/biographical-sketch-of-thomas-davis.htm- Last updated on May 24th, 2011
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at Gazetteer of Lamoille County Vermont for 1883-84.