Rufus Mead, brother of Ezra and Isaac, in 1786 bought of Abel Wright the farm now occupied by Mrs. W. W. Wright, and built, first at the base of the hill and afterward on the present highway. Of his sons, three, Hiram, Martin L. and Charles M., were graduated from Middlebury College, and another, Rufus, was for a number of years editor of the Middlebury Register.
Biographical Sketch of Rufus Mead
MLA Source Citation:Finished Round 1 Editing. Needs locations and topics in round 2. Needs index page AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 29 August 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/vermont/biographical-sketch-of-rufus-mead.htm- Last updated on Aug 30th, 2012
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at History of Addison County Vermont.