Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
John Wires came to this town, from Leicester, Mass., about the year 1790. In 1797, he married Miss Anna Walbridge, and shortly after purchased a farm on road 32, now owned by his son, Harlow, and where he spent the remainder of his life. He was for many years known as Gen. John Wires, having served at the battle of Plattsburgh, and also held offices in the home militia. He was high sheriff of Franklin county for twenty years, and also held other positions of trust. Of fourteen children seven are now living. Harlow, the youngest, born in 1830, and who occupies the homestead, was married in 1861, to Miss Sarah A. Morgan.