A cemetery transcription of the Lyday Cemetery in Fannin County, Texas.

The Lyday family settled in the southwest corner of Fannin County in the time of the Republic of Texas. Lyday’s Fort was built to protect the family from Indians. The neighbors took refuge at the fort also. The bridge that was built across the Sulphur River along the main road that crossed Texas by the easly settlers was near this fort. The bridge is called Lyday’s crossing or Lyday’s bridge still.

Lad J., b. 15 Aug. 1813, d. 8 Nov. 1859. F/o Sims.
David E., b. 1 Feb. 1856, d. 15 Sept. 1857. Son of Lad.
Isaac F., b. 26 Dec. 1808, d. 20 Aug. 1852. Son of Y. & L. J.
Infant, d. 22 Feb. 1871. Son of S. S. & M. J., ae. 3 wks.