The above named house, one of the most representative in its line, was incorporated in May, 1894, by J. W. Daly and Joseph and C. L. Palmer. Their salesroom is tastefully furnished, and contains a choice and carefully collected stock of everything in the line of staple and fancy groceries, queensware, glassware, crockery, &c. They carry a very fine line of fancy groceries, and the scale of operations of this firm are such that they are enabled to offer very special inducements which the public has been quick to recognize, for the trade comes from all parts of the city, and from nine mines, and is constantly improving. Besides the members of the firm two assistants are generally employed. They run a free delivery wagon. Succeeding Place & Co. in 1894, the business has steadily grown, compelling them to enlarge their quarters forty feet. In queensware, glassware, &c., they carry the latest designs and patterns, their stock being probably the largest in the city. The members of the firm are enterprising, progressive business men, and fully merit their good success.
Palmer Grocery Company
MLA Source Citation:Eastern Oregon Gold Fields. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 30 July 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/oregon/palmer-grocery-company.htm- Last updated on Mar 29th, 2013
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at Baker County Oregon Gold Mining History.