La Grande, Union County, Oregon

As the result of a distressing accident, Edward Bernard Donohue the fifteen months old son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward J. Donohue, of 1803 Third Street, died yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday morning while playing the boy climbed up on a shelf and got hold of some medicinal tablets containing a small portion of strychnine, which [he] put in his mouth and swallowed. Drs. Underwood and Whiting were immediately summoned and worked over the child until three o’clock yesterday afternoon, when he expired.

The family have the sympathy of the entire community over the loss of their boy, who was a beautiful and attractive child.

The funeral will be held form the family residence, 1803 Third Street, tomorrow (Thursday) at 10 a.m. The burial will be held at the Catholic cemetery. Rev. Father Driscoll will officiate.

La Grande Evening Observer
Wednesday, September 12, 1917
After Page 5