Discover your family's story.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
For thirty years C. H. Little has made his home in Oklahoma and he is now the owner of a well improved-and highly developed farm in Washington County, in which connection he is contributing to the agricultural development of his part of the state. A native of Kansas, he was born in Cherokee County on the 19th of November, 1878, his parents being T. A. and Frona (Hanks) Little, who came to Oklahoma in 1891, purchasing the Bill Weber farm in Dewey township, on which they resided for four years. They then moved to the Black Wing place, which the father operated for five years, after which he followed farming on the Caney River, near Jackson, for a year, subsequently returning to the northern part of the state, where he continued active along agricultural lines until his demise. The mother is a resident of Cleveland, Oklahoma.
When a lad of thirteen C. H. Little accompanied his parents to Oklahoma and has since made his home within the borders of the state. After laying aside his textbooks he took up the occupation of farming and in 1911 he established his residence on his present place, near the Wayside school, northeast of Dewey, where he cultivates eighty acres, and he also has an eighty-acre tract two and a half miles southeast of his home farm. He devotes his attention to general farming and also to the raising of hogs and cattle. His land is rich and productive, owing to the care and labor which he bestows upon it, and he has greatly enhanced the value of his property by placing upon it many modern improvements. He is a practical farmer, familiar with all the details of that occupation, and is deeply interested in agricultural development.
In 1909 Mr. Little was united in marriage to Miss Mary Wilson, a member of the Delaware tribe of Indians. Mr. Little had three children by a former marriage, but all have passed away. Mrs. Little is interested in the development of the oil fields of the state and is now drawing a royalty from fifteen wells. When Mr. Little first passed through this part of the state the present site of Dewey was marked by a sign, stating that a town was there to be erected. He has, therefore, witnessed the entire development and growth of this locality, in which he has borne his full share. In his business affairs he has displayed keen discernment and unfaltering enterprise and the years have marked his progress along lines which lead to success.