Rev. Richard D. Colbert of Grant, is one of the young men, enlisted in the work of the Church, by Parson Stewart. He attended Biddle University from October 1884 to June 1887, three years, when he returned home, on account of impaired health. Regaining his health after a few months, he became a teacher and taught school eleven years during the territorial period.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
In the spring of 1897, he became a licentiate of the Presbytery of Kiamichi, and two years later was assigned the pastoral oversight of New Hope and Sandy Branch Churches. He was ordained in 1903. Most of his ministerial labors have been devoted to Sandy Branch and Hebron Churches, serving the latter until 1913. As a result of accidents that happened in making the journey to the Hebron Church in 1911, he experienced the loss of an eye and other injuries that resulted in total blindness in 1913. He endeavored to make a good record as a teacher and preacher, and has served his generation faithfully.