One of the representative citizens of Delaware is G. W. Ifer, farm manager of the Sanders Oil Company and owner of two of the most modern business blocks in town. He was born in Wells County, Indiana, on the 6th of November, 1868, and came to Oklahoma in the year that this state was admitted to the union. For six months he resided at Keefer and then spent a like period in the oil fields at Jenks. Subsequently he became farm manager of the Sanders Oil Company at Delaware and with the exception of one year he has since been in charge of all their oil property in the vicinity of Delaware.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Mr. Ifer owns considerable well improved business property in Delaware, having demonstrated his faith in the growth of this community by building a fine garage and modern drug store, the latter being operated by his son-in-law, George Chambers. One of the main reasons for the erection of the drug store building was to give the second floor over to the Masonic lodge for its meetings, etc. Mr. Ifer is an exemplary member of that craft, belonging to Delaware Lodge, No. 477. He has attained the thirty-second degree of the Scottish Rite and is likewise a member of the Mystic Shrine.
Mr. Ifer married Miss Arlie Dawley and they became parents of a daughter, Minnie F. She married George E. Chambers, and they have two children: George W. and Peggy L. Mrs. Ifer has passed away. Mr. Ifer is one of the most public-spirited citizens of Delaware and is never too busy to devote a portion of his time and attention to the furtherance of any movement for the development and improvement of the general welfare.