Zipp, John; mnfg. food products; born, Cleveland, Dec. 13, 1857; son of John and Catherine Kreckel Zipp; public school education; married, Cleveland, Dec. 27, 1881, Catherine Emig; issue, two children, Helen (Mrs. F. L. Fisher), and John Zipp; first employed in the flour and feed business, five years; Jan. 1, 1879, began work with John H. Gause, coffee, spice and extracts, till 1885; Sept. 1, 1885, started in business for himself on Woodland Ave., produce flavoring extracts, crushed fruits, baking power, preserves, jellies and jams, under The Quality Brand of “Zipp,” employing 200 people; pres. The Zipp Co.; member National Union, Cleveland Council; member Chamber of Commerce; pres. Cleveland Fanciers Clubs; member Commercial Travelers Ass’n; Tippecanoe Club, and Athletic Club. Recreation: Baseball. John Zipp, Sr., came to Cleveland in 1846 from Germany and became a building contractor, building the Old Stone Church, Case Block and the old Post Office.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.