(III) D. Eddy, son of David Barnes, was born August 10, 1856, in the house in which he is residing at the present time, and which was erected in 1838, by David Barnes. He was educated in the public schools of Canandaigua and Geneva, New York, and during his earlier years assisted his father in the cultivation of the homestead farm, which later passed into his own possession. It is in a fine state of cultivation and consists of one hundred and fifty acres of land. The house, is built of stone. Mr. Barnes is very progressive and up-to-date in his methods of cultivation, devoting his spare hours to reading publications treating of improved methods and scientific innovations in the field of agriculture. As soon as he has become convinced of the practicability of any of these innovations he is one of the first in that section to give it a fair and impartial trial, and if found of practical utility it is immediately adopted. This is the foundation of his uniformly excellent crops, often in spite of adverse weather conditions. His methods have been found so successful that they, have been adopted by a number of his neighbors with a like amount of success. In politics he favors the Republican party, and he is a member of the Presbyterian church, and of the Grangers.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Mr. Barnes married (first) Caroline Haslett, of Seneca, New York; married (second) Harriet Phinney, of Bellona, New York; married (third) Anna M. Bond, of Geneva, New York. Children, by second wife: Carrie K., born 1894; Genevieve, 1895; Elsie, 1897, deceased; Doris E., born 1900.