The first bank in Afton was established in the winter of 1875, by Carver & Crassaus, who did business only one winter, in the building now occupied as a saloon by Brower & Hunt. They were from Bainbridge and continued their residence there.

E. M. Johnston & Co.’s Bank (private,) located in Willey’s Block, was established Jan. 1, 1876, by Enos M. Johnston and Devillo C. Church.