The Methodist Episcopal church, on Main street, Hinsdale, was organized in the fall of 1842, by Rev. Justin Spaulding, with six members. Rev. T. Furber was the first pastor. The first and present house of worship was erected of wood in 1876. The society has sixty members. The church originally cost $8,000, it present valuation. It will seat nearly 400 people comfortably, and the Sunday-school has about sixty members. The church is now under the pastoral care of Rev. Joseph L. Felt.
The Methodist Episcopal Church of Hinsdale, NH
MLA Source Citation:Hurd, Duane Hamilton. History of Cheshire and Sullivan counties, New Hampshire. Philadelphia: J. W. Lewis. 1886. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 1 June 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/new-hampshire/the-methodist-episcopal-church-of-hinsdale-nh.htm- Last updated on Aug 20th, 2012
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at History of Cheshire County New Hampshire.