Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
A Methodist class was in existence at East Alstead previous to 1820. A house of worship was built in 1839, and a church constituted, which at one time had fifty members. The organization continued until about 1865, when, the membership having become so greatly decreased, preaching was discontinued, and the membership transferred to Marlow church. Their church building, a brick structure, was sold and remodeled into a store. Mr. Samuel M. Kidder was connected with this society longer than any other person now living.