DANIEL4 ATWOOD (Joshua3-2, John1) b. in Pelham Aug. 26, 1800; m. Oct. 26, 1831, Sally L. Goward, dau. of Isaac and Abigail (Lothrop) Goward, b. Dec. 14, 1808, in Croydon. They res. in Cornish many years then rem. to Acton, Mass., where he d. April 15, 1862. She d. Sept. 5, 1890. Children, all b. in Cornish:
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
1. LOUISA M., b. Aug. 6, 1832; m. Dec. 14, 1854, Henry Barker. Res., So. Acton, Mass. Two sons and five daus.
2. NEWELL S., b. Aug. 17,1834. When young he went with a party of gold seekers from Cornish to Cal. in April, 1852. He remained a few years, then returned to N. E. Hem. first, March 29, 1865, Harriet Hayward; m. second, Nov. 18,1896, Flora A. Billings, dau. of J. F. and Harriet (Ogden) Billings. Shed. Aug. 29, 1905. Four children, all by first wife. Res., Stoughton, Mass. Was in the livery business many years, but afterwards in the grocery business.
3. JOHN M., b. July 8, 1839; m. Nov. 19, 1860, Fanny D. Record of Easton, Mass. Farmer and wood dealer in Mansfield, Mass. Two sons and one daughter.
4. ABBIE L., b. March 22, 1841; m. April 20, 1864, Elbridge Plummer. Three children. Res., Taunton, Mass. She d. Dec. 18, 1893.
5. SARAH E., b. April 4, 1843; m. Nov. 27, 1862, M. Shurtliff. She d. July 26, 1879, leaving one son, Frank, living in Boston.
6. BETSEY ANN, b. Feb. 9, 1846; m. Aug. 2, 1864, Charles A. Brown. Two sons. Res., Stoughton, Mass.
7. WILLIAM D., b. Sept. 5, 1848; m. March 31, 1870, Lizzie Keith. Res., Mansfield, Mass. Railroad conductor twenty-five years. Two children were b. to them: Sarah L. and Addie F. The latter d. in 1876.