Dr. Daniel Ryan, in 1750, came from Ireland as surgeon on board of a vessel, and settled in Marblehead, Mass. His son Samuel, also a physician, moved to Sharon, N. H., in 1790, married Mrs. Patty Sawyer, who bore him four children. One of these, Samuel, Jr., married Hannah J., daughter of George and Alice (Sawyer) Shead; of Peterboro, N. H., July 14, 1811, and rear a family of three children, two of whom are now living. He was a farmer and lumberman and the principal owner of the famous steam-mills of Fay, Comwins & Ryan. He was a leading man in town affairs, and held most of the important offices. He came to East Jaffrey in 1854, and was selectman several years, town representative in 1863 and 1864, and served twenty-five years as a director of the Monadnock Savings bank, at East Jaffrey.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.