DENNIS POWERS, son of David Powers, was born May 24, 1808; graduated from Amherst College, Mass., in 1835, and from Theological Seminary at Andover, Mass., in 1838. He was ordained and settled over the Congregational church and society of East Randolph, Mass., December 5, 1838. At his own request he was dismissed from this church and people April 15, 1841. On the 29th of September, 1842, he was installed as pastor of the church and society of South Abington, Mass., and remained there until 1850, when he accepted an appointment to an office under President Fillmore, and removed to the city of Washington. He was for a time Agent, and an eloquent advocate of the Colonization Society. He is now laboring again with the people of Abington, Mass.