ALSTEAD CENTER, (p. o.) a hamlet located upon a hill about half a mile east of the geographical center of the town, was formerly the business center of the town, and about 1802, the prospective sight of the county court-house. It long since lost its prestige, however, and now along its single street, a school house, a Congregational house of worship, in perhaps a dozen dwellings remain.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.