Discover your family's story.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Paul Dennis “Denny” Craig, 66, of Las Vegas, Nev., a former North Powder resident, died Aug. 20, 2002, at Las Vegas.
Mr. Craig’s body was cremated. There was a private funeral at Las Vegas. There will be a memorial service at 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, at the Haines United Methodist Church. Pastor Sally Wiens will officiate.
Denny was born on March 11, 1936, at Baker City. He was raised on his parents’ ranch at North Powder and was a 1954 graduate of Powder Valley High School.
He attended the University of Oregon at Eugene for one year and Eastern Oregon University at La Grande for one year. From there he moved with his family to the Willamette Valley.
He worked at Oregon Metallurgical Co. and then went into the dairy business with his father and brother. He moved to Portland in 1960 where he was in the restaurant and lounge business at Portland, Mount Hood and Corvallis.
Mr. Craig married Patricia Louise O’Connor on Dec. 25, 1971. They then moved to Salem where he formed his own yard maintenance business.
Upon retiring and selling his business, the couple moved to Las Vegas. Between traveling, he still did occasional yard service work, for which he really had a talent and he really enjoyed.
Hunting, sports, children and animals were a huge part of his life. He always had two or three exceptionally well-trained dogs. He raised exotic pheasants on their mini farm at Salem and had a miniature horse and a parrot.
Survivors include his wife, Patty; children, Sherri Ferguson, Melody Northrup and Patrick Fisher; grandchildren, Robbi and Roshelle Ferguson and Alexandria and Justin Fisher; brothers, Lowell and Randy Craig; sisters, Katharine Stauffer and Karen Yates; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Harold and Olive Craig.
The family suggests that in lieu of flowers, memorial contributions be made to a charity of one’s choice.
Used with permission from: Baker City Herald, Baker City, Oregon, August 30, 2002
Transcribed by: Belva Ticknor