F. W. Barnes, firm of Barnes & Tyrrel, bankers, is a native of Dutchess County, N. Y. In 1866, the family came to Columbus, Neb. May 3, 1867, they removed to Madison County, where he has since resided. Mr. Barnes entered 160 acres, on which the town of Madison is now situated. He laid out this town in 1870. In 1872, he engaged in banking, also in real estate, has since been engaged in this business. He has held the offices of County Surveyor, County Judge, Town Treasurer, Town Clerk and other offices.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.