Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
The Historical and Scientific Society of Manitoba published several papers by Dr. Bryce in description of visits among the remains of the Mound Builders of the Canadian West. This particular one contains information on the excavation of Great Mound, Rainy River, Aug. 22, 1884.
Ours are the only mounds making up a distinct mound-region on Canadian soil. This comes to us as a part of the large inheritance which we who have migrated to Manitoba receive. No longer cribbed, cabined, and confined, we have in this our “greater Canada” a far wider range of study than in the fringe along the Canadian lakes.
- Who Built the Mounds?
- Mound Varieties at Takawgamis
- Natural Products from the Rainy River Mounds
- Manufactured Articles of Rainy River Mounds
- Who Were The Mound Builders?
- The Earliest Mound of Rainy River