Discover your family's story.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
The following tribes at one time are recorded in history as having resided within the present state of Nevada. If the tribe name is in bold, then Nevada is the primary location known for this tribe, otherwise we provide the tribes specifics as it pertains to Nevada and then provide a link to the main tribal page.
- Koso Indians. This is properly a California tribe, though it sometimes ranged into Nevada. (See California.)
- Northern Paiute Indians
- Southern Paiute Indians
- Panamint Indians, see Northern Paiute Indians.
- Pueblo Indians. In historic times none of the Pueblo Indians have occupied any part of Nevada, but remains in the southern section of the State testify to former occupancy by these Indians. (See New Mexico and Arizona.)
- Shoshoni Indians, Western. The Western Shoshoni occupied northeastern Nevada as far as, and including, Reese River Valley.
- Ute Indians. The Ute claimed a small part of eastern Nevada.
- Washo Indians