Indian Roll Mailing List
Discover your family's story.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
For the Native American Researcher the “Rolls” are usually their first research. This in most cases is not the best starting point for your research. The Rolls are of great value, but first you need to understand the roll you are searching, when and where it was taken and of what value it will be to your research. These mailing lists are for the use of expanding our knowledge of these rolls. Finding that place in history when it was decided there was a need for the roll, exactly why it was taken, information the government was collecting, and the part it would play in the Tribes life.
Please take a look at this page How to write a Query for suggestions and ideas on how to write a Query that will get replies!!
I am not going to tell you at great length what is expected in regards to your presence on this list, Nice, Friendly and NO arguments!!
Roll lists are listed in alphabetical order, with the date and tribe:
- NA-Armstrong-Roll ~ 1830 ~ Choctaw
- NA-Baker-Roll ~ 1924 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Chapman-Roll ~ 1851 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Churchill-Roll ~ 1908 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Cooper-Roll ~ 1855 ~ Choctaw
- NA-Dawes/Final-Roll ~ 1889~1914
- NA-Drennen-Roll ~ 1852 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Emigration-Roll ~ 1817~1835 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Guion Miller-Roll ~ 1909 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Henderson-Roll ~ 1835 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Hester-Roll ~ 1883 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Kern Clifton-Roll ~ 1897 ~ Cherokee Freedmen
- NA-McKennon-Roll ~ 1889 ~ Choctaw
- NA-Mullay-Roll ~ 1848 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Old-Settlers-Roll ~ 1851 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Reservation-Roll ~ 1817 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Siler-Roll ~ 1852 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Swetland-Roll ~ 1869 ~ Cherokee
- NA-Wallace-Roll ~ 1890 ~ Cherokee Freedmen