Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
A complete listing of all the Indian villages, towns and settlements as listed in Handbook of Americans North of Mexico.
Frankstown. A village, probably of the Delawares, which seems to have been near the site of the present Frankstown, Blair co., Pa., in 1756. (J. M.)
Friedenshuetten (German: huts of peace). A village formerly on Susquehanna r. a few miles below Wyalusing, and probably in Wyoming co. Pa. It was established in 1765 by Mahican and Delaware converts under direction of the Moravian missionaries, and seems to have been on the site of an older town. In 1770 the Indians removed to Friedenstadt, in Beaver co. According to Loskiel (Miss. United Breth., pt. 3, 1794) the name Friedenshuetten was also applied to a temporary village adjoining Bethlehem in Northampton co., settled in 1746 by Moravian converts from Shecomico, who soon afterward removed to Gnadenhuetten in Carbon co. (J. M.)
Friedensstadt (Germ.: town of peace). A village in Beaver co., Pa., probably near the present Darlington, settled in May, 1770, .by the Moravian Delawares from Friedenshuetten. In 1773 they removed to Gnadenhuetten and Schoenbrunn on the Muskingum. See Languntennenk. (J. M.).