A complete listing of all the Indian villages, towns and settlements as listed in Handbook of Americans North of Mexico.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Elogio. A Papago settlement, probably in Pima co., s. Ariz. , with 66 inhabitants in 1858. Bailey in Ind. Aff. Rep., 208, 1858.
Epley’s Ruin. A large prehistoric pueblo ruin on the outskirts of Solomonsville, on the Gila, s. E. Ariz. So called from the owner of the ranch on which it is situated. Fewkes in 22d Rep. B. A. E.. 171, 1904.
Esqugbaag. Formerly a rancheria, probably of the Sobaipuri, and a visita of the mission of Suamca about 1760-67; situated on or near the Rio San Pedro, near the Arizona-Sonora boundary.
Estancia (a Spanish term with many meanings, but here probably signifying sojourning or staying place). A Pima rancheria visited by Anza in 1774; situated 4 leagues s. of the mission of Saric, which was just s. of the Arizona boundary. La Estancia. Anza quoted by Bancroft, Ariz, and N. Mex., 389, 1889.
Etipsikya (the name of a shrub). A traditional village of the Squash people of the Hopi; situated on the s. side of Rio Colorado Chiquito, on the brink of a canyon, not far from the point where the river is crossed by the Santa Fe Pac. R. R. , Arizona. Stephen and Mindeleff in 8th Rep. B. A. E., 26, 1891.