A complete listing of all the Indian villages, towns and settlements as listed in Handbook of Americans North of Mexico.
A village, probably be longing to the Delawares, situated in 1766 on the east side of the extreme east head branch of Hocking River, at or near the present Beavertown, in Morgan County, Ohio. Beaver, or King Beaver, was at that time chief of the Unami tribe of Delawares. (J. M. )
By the treaty of Maumee Rapids, in 1819, a part of the Ottawa living in Ohio were given a reservation on Blanchard’s fork of the Auglaize, in Ohio, and became known officially as the Ottawa of Blanchard’s Fork. They sold their land in 1831 and removed to Kansas, and later to Indian Territory, where, with some others of the same tribe, they numbered 179 in 1904.
Marked on Hutchin’s map in Bouquet’s Expedition, 1766, as in Coshocton County, Ohio, on both sides of Muskingum River, about half way between Walhonding River and Tomstown. Probably a Delaware village.