Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
choose a state:
- Dahcota, or Docata, the name by which the Sioux know themselves.
- Delaware, (Lenna-lenape,) those once On Delaware River and 1750.
- Dinondadies, (Hurons,) same called by the French Tionontaties
- Doegs, small tribe on the Maryland side Potomac River, in 1675.
- Dogribs (Blackfeet,) but speak a different language.
- Dogs, the Chiens of the French. See Chien.
- Dotame, 120 in 180; about the heads of Chien River, in the open country.
- Eamuses. See Emusas,
- Echemins, (Canoe-men,) on R. St. Johns; include Passamaquoddies and St. Johns.
- Edistoes, in S. Carolina in 1670; a place still bears their name there.
- Emuas, (Seminoles,) W. side Chattahoochee, 2 m. above the Wekisas 20 in 1820.
- Eneshures, at the great Narrows of the Columbia; 1,200 in 1820 in 41 lodges.
- Eries, along E. side of Lake Erie, destroyed by the Iroquois about 1645.
- Esaws, on River Pedee, S. Carolina, in 1820; then powerful; Catawbas, probably.
- Eskeloots, about 1,000 in 1820, in 21 lodges or clans, on the Columbia.
- Esquimaux, all along the northern coasts of the frozen ocean, N. of 60° N. lat.
- Etohussewakkes, (Semin.,) on Chattohoochee, 3 m. above Ft. Gainer; 100 in 1820.
- Facullies, 100 in 1820; on Stuart Lake, W. Rocky Mount; lat. 54°, lon. 125° W.
- Fall, so called from their residence at the falls of the Kooskooskee See Alansars.
- Five Nations, Mohawks, Senecas, Cayugas, Onondagas and Oneidas; which see.
- Flat Heads, (Tutseewas,) on a large river W. R.; on S. fork Columbia r.
- Folles Avoines, the French so called the Menominies.
- Fond Du Lac, roam from Snake River to the Sandy Lakes.
- Fowl-Towns, (Seminoles,) 12 m. E. Fort Scott; about 300 in 1820.
- Foxes, (Ottagamies,) called Renards by the French; dispossessed by B. Hawk’s war.
- Ganawese, on the heads of Potomac River; same as Kanhaways, probably.
- Gayhead, Martha’s Vineyard; 200 in 1800; in 1820, 340.
- Grand River, on Grand r., N. side L. Ontario; Mohawks, Senecas, and oth; 2,000.
- Gros Ventres, W. Mississippi, on Maria River, in 1806; in 1834, 3,000.