Dr. Louis W. Grosse, a physician and surgeon of St. Louis, was born October 13, 1884, in Collinsville, Madison county, Illinois, and was the sixth in order of birth in a family of five sons and five daughters, seven of whom are living, the parents being Herman G. and Marie M. (Neidenberger) Grosse. The father was a native of Illinois, born in Collinsville, and was a representative of one of the old families of that state of German descent. He became a pharmacist following his graduation from the St. Louis College of Pharmacy and devoted his life to that calling, passing away in 1897, at the age of forty-five years. His wife was born in St. Louis and was also of German lineage. She died in 1909, in St. Louis, at the age of sixty-eight years.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Dr. Grosse pursued his education in the public schools of Collinsville and in the township high school, from which he was graduated in 1900. Later he took up the study of medicine in the St. Louis University and won his M. D. degree in 1906. Following his graduation he served for a year as interne in the St. Louis City Hospital and then entered upon private practice with Dr. Charles T. Remme, since which time he has successfully followed his profession in this city. In addition to his private practice he is acting as surgeon to the Deaconess and Lutheran Hospitals. He possesses broad knowledge of anatomy and the component parts of the human body, combined with that delicate skill so necessary to the surgeon in the performance of operations. He belongs to the St. Louis Medical Society, also to the Missouri State and American Medical Associations.
On the 24th of May, 1920, in Decatur, Illinois, Dr. Grosse was married to Miss Martha Theobald, a native of Indiana, and a daughter of Jacob Theobald, now deceased. Dr. Grosse finds his recreation in golf, to which he turns when professional duties permit of leisure. His political endorsement is given to the republican party and his religious faith is indicated in his membership in the Messiah Lutheran church.