Grover Post, No. 126, was organized by sixteen veterans of Fryeburg and Lovell on Dec. 24, 1884. Wm. C. Towle was chosen first commander, Tobias L. Eastman and others completing the staff, the itemized list of which was burned in the recent fire. The membership increased until at one time there were sixty-nine members. For about two years the meetings were alternated between this village and Lovell, which arrangement was followed by the formation of Parker Post at the latter village. Grover Post now numbers 35 members. Grover Circle, No. 11, was formed by the ladies as a relief corps. The present officers of the post are E. J. Brackett, P. C.; Orrin R. Barrows, S. V. C.; J. H. Johnson, J. V. C.; Henry Andrews, Q. M., and T. L. Eastman, Adjt.
MLA Source Citation:Barrows, John Stuart. Fryeburg, Maine: An Historical Sketch. Pequawket Press. 1938. AccessGenealogy.com. Web. 26 August 2016.
https://www.accessgenealogy.com/maine/grover-post.htm- Last updated on Sep 18th, 2012
This page is part of a larger collection. Access the full collection at Town History of Fryeburg Maine.