Raymond C. Clapp, M. D. A young man who availed himself of the best of modern facilities and scientific advantages in preparing himself for his exacting profession, Doctor Clapp has won assured status as one of the representative physicians and surgeons engaged in practice in the City of Wichita, where his success has been on a parity with his unqualified personal popularity.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
Doctor Clapp was born at Lebanon, Virginia, on the 26th of September, 1880, and in the schools of his native place he continued his studies until his graduation in the high school. He then had the privilege of entering the historic old University of Virginia, at Charlottesville, in which institution he was graduated in 1903, with the degree of Bachelor of Arts. In preparation for his chosen profession he was next matriculated in the medical department of the University of Louisville, and in this excellent institution of the Kentucky metropolis he was graduated as a member of the class of 1907 and with the well earned degree of Doctor of Medicine.
In initiating the active work of his profession Doctor Clapp came to Kansas and established himself in practice at Coldwater, the judicial center of Comanche County, where he remained about one year. He then found a broader field of professional endeavor by removing, in 1909, to the City of Wichita, where he has since remained and where he has built up a substantial and representative practice in which he specialized in the treatment of genito-urinary diseases. His attractively appointed offices, at 420 East Douglas Avenue, are equipped with the latest approved appliances demanded in scientific practice of medicine and surgery, and the doctor is affiliated with the Sedgwick County Medical Society, the Kansas State Medical Society and the American Medical Association, as is he also with the time-honored Masonic fraternity. His father, Dr. Luther H. Clapp, served with distinction as a surgeon with a Confederate regiment in the war between the states, and after the close of the great conflict he was for a few years engaged in the practice of his profession at Lebanon, Virginia. He then removed to Pennington, that state, where he and his wife still maintain their home and where he continues to be actively engaged in the practice of his profession.
In 1907 was solemnized the marriage of Dr. Raymond C. Clapp to Miss Jessie Bunger, of Louisville, Kentucky, and their two children are Elizabeth and Raymond.