S. H. Harrison, attorney-at-law and loan agent, was born in Rutland County, Vt., January 17, 1837. Removed to Dodge County, Wis., in the fall of 1855. In the fall of 1859 he went to Minnesota. In 1862 he enlisted in the United States Army, in Company B, Seventh Minnesota Volunteer Infantry, and was discharged in January 1866. He was commissioned first lieutenant of Company C, Sixty-fifth Infantry, and returned to Wisconsin; thence to Harrison County, Mo. In the spring of 1875 he came to Jewell County, Kan., and located at Jewell City, after which he removed to Mankato, where he now resides. He was admitted to practice law in Harrison County, Mo. Is now doing business under the firm name of Harrison & Mechem. Has held the office of Justice of the Peace. He is the owner of 400 acres of land, 225 of which are under cultivation. He was married in Gravesville, Wis., March 4, 1858, to Miss Albina M. Godding; they have had five children – A. V., Lorena (now deceased), Francis E., S. H. and N. T.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.