This grocery and queensware establishment was formed in 1885 by R. S. Wasser and J. L. Bleakly of Ida Grove, Ia., Ida County. They first opened business at a stand, then moved to a brick building.
R. S. Wasser, head of the firm, is a native of Northumberland County, Pa., born November 17, 1860. His parents were Joseph B. and Susan A. Persing Wasser.
Mr. Wasser married Mollie L. Dutcher on September 19, 1888. She was a native of Franklin Grove, Illinois, and died at 26 years of age on August 1, 1891.