J.C. Fletcher, founder of the town of Fletcher, was born in Franklin, Ind., in 1849; the same year moved with parents to Oskaloosa, Ia. He enlisted in 1864 in the 47th Ia. Inft., and served until the close of the war. He returned to Oskaloosa and in 1873 moved to Sheffield where he engaged in the mercantile business. In Oct. 1880 he purchased the town site of Fletcher which he laid out in tow lots and placed on the market, not it is a lively growing town and is situated near a beautiful lake. Mr. Fletcher formed a partnership in March, 1881, with H.W. Seevers, built a business house on Main Street and engaged in the mercantile business. Mr Seevers was born in Oskaloosa in 1859 and came to this place in the spring of 1880.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.