Frank L. Dennis, editor and proprietor of the Odebolt Observer, was born in Clinton County, Ia. in 1852. He learned his trade in the De Witt Observer office; remained there until 1878, then moved to Wall Lake, Sac County, and established the Wall Lake Journal, which he sold in April, 1881. He came to Odebolt and purchased the Odebolt Reporter, which was first established at Sac City by W.W. Yarham, who moved it to this city in November, 1877. The office is in the basement of Wright’s Opera Block and is fitted for a first-class news and job office. The paper is republican in politics, is a six-column quarto, with a subscription list of six hundred.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.