The following is the roll of officers who have been elected to the various township offices since its organization:
Provided file /var/www/html/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/9-Martin-Illinois-Town-Officers-2016-10-06.csv does not exist!
Those who have served as Justices of the Peace are B. V. Smith, J. R. Williams, R. Horney, W. H. Anderson, N. Hawk, James Gillan, C. W. Spawr, D. Bierbower and S. T. Ridgeley. The following have been Commissioners of Highways: R. R. Williams, S. W. Wiley, H. C. Langstaff, C. Batterton, H. G. Anderson, A. S. Hudson, J. Lyons, L. Warner, J. Carter, J. Bunn, J. R. Williams, J. Twogood, William Wilson, S. Dean, Joseph Nye, William Hurt, T. Wilson, W. H. Anderson, L. J. Willhoite.
Milton S. Morris, Treasurer of the School Trustees, reports, in 1877, the following Number of school districts, 7 ; number of schoolhouses, 6; number of children under twenty-one years, 419; number between six and twenty-one years, 276; number of children enrolled, 256; amount of school fund, $3,478; amount paid teachers, $1,786.66; total expense of every kind, $3,354. Like many other townships, Martin “fooled” away the school section, which, with proper care, would have made a fund large enough to support all the schools in the town.