About 1824, James Clark laid out the village of Clarksville. There was an effort made to establish a village, and at one time it was thought that Clarksville would become a flourishing town. It was located on the north side of Mackinaw Creek, in the northeastern part of the township. The town was finally abandoned. A few dwelling houses and a church are all that is left to mark the spot.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.