W. P. Green, farmer and stock-raiser; P. O. Ashmore; was born in Miami Co., Ohio, Sept. 8, 1827, being a son of James and Elizabeth (Heminway) Green; when he was about 10 years old, his parents removed to Randolph Co., Ind., and, in 1840, to Coles Co., returning a few years later to Ohio, and lived awhile in Darke Co., from which county they removed again to Randolph Co., Ind., and thence to Grant Co.; his father opened no less than seven farms in Ohio and Indiana the year the family returned to Ohio, Mr. Green made four trips between the two States; on becoming of age, he went to Preble Co., Ohio. He was married Nov. 2, 1851, to Miss Elizabeth Wilkinson, a daughter of Charles Wilkinson, of Preble Co., Ohio; she died Feb. 20, 1862, leaving three children, two of whom are living – Charles E. and James O. In the spring of 1863, Mr. Green came again to Coles Co., making seven trips during the summer. He was married Aug. 20, 1863, to Miss Eliza J. Brown, a daughter of J. W. and Martha R. Brown, of Ashmore; she was born at the Walnut Grove, in Edgar Co., Sept. 20, 1836; they have six children – Leona, Clarence E., Miner E., Jennie, Thomas L. and Nora. Mr. Green owns a farm of 160 acres, on which he settled in 1864.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.