The Ray-Stevens-Norton Place and house still stands opposite the meeting house. The land was sold to Nathaniel Hartford by Nathan Parker in 1803 for $30. The house was built by Nathaniel Hartford and Enoch Bidges and sold to Matthew Ray in 1812. He was a blacksmith and edge-tool manufacturer, with factory and trip-hammer run by water power upon the Mill stream in the village, above the bridge at Main street. He removed from the town to Bangor before 1840, and is supposed to have died in that city. He married. May 29, 1810, Roxana Nickerson, by whom he had:
- Louisa Ray, born April 1, 1811; married Asa Clough, Jr.
- Eunice Staples Ray, born June 10, 1813; married Joel Parker.
- Harriet Newell Ray, born Feb. 22, 1816.
- George Whitfield Ray, born May 25, 1818; died in 1849 or 1850, on way to California.
- William Nickerson Ray, born May 5, 1820.
- John Hopkins Ray, born Feb. 18, 1822; died March 13, 1822.
- Roxana, born Ray, Feb. 29, 1828.
Mrs. Roxana Ray, mother of above children, died March 20, 1828, and Mr. Ray married Harriet Hinckley, daughter of Isaiah and Anner (Horton) Hinckley, Aug. 24, 1829. By this marriage the birth of one child is entered in the Blue Hill records, viz.:
- Mary Elizabeth Ray, born Aug. 27, 1830. Mrs. Harriet Ray, mother of this child, died in March, 1847.