(29) THOMAS5 (Mark,4 Mark3 Mark2 Mark1), baptized July 19, 1767; d. July 22, 1855. Master mariner; had made a number of voyages to Bilboa and Corunna, Spain, and afterwards retired from the sea and became an owner of a number of vessels and of a considerable landed estate. Nov. 26, 1801, he and his wife Mary, with the following named parties, to wit — Joshua Prentiss, Jr., Henry Prentiss, Thomas Prentiss, Christopher Prentiss, Edmund, Jr., and Abigail L, Thomas Calley and wife Grace, and widow Margaret Ingalls, all of Marblehead, sold to John Bubier Prentiss, for $800, their eight-tenth parts of a house, barn and land, given to them by will of their late grandfather Christopher Bubier, deceased, which estate was bounded on the way from trainingfield hill to Nick’s Cove, with a shop “now occupied by John Sumner.”
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
May 4, 1809, he bought from Abraham and Martha Wendell his wife, of Salem, a tract of land and a house bounded on the highway passing trainingfield hill, and on land set off to Sarah, wife of Michael Coombs, deceased, the premises being the same sold to said Sarah Coombs by a committee of the General Court in 1782 as confiscated estate.
Dec. 15, 1809, he bought from Nicholas Coombs his one-tenth part of the house and land adjoining training-field bill, lately belonging to the estate of Capt. Michael Coombs, as set off to his said wife Sarah as her thirds, by General Court, Feb. 11, 1809.
Also, four days after, he bought of Thomas Goss, of Pejepscot, Me., another tenth part of said mansion, and two other tenth parts of Joshua Goss and Nicholas Coombs, Feb. 9th following; and in 1810—11, he purchased of other heirs still more of the same property, besides a tract of land in Salem, bounded on Long Wharf, and another piece on Union Street.
He m. Feb. 21, 1790, Mary, dau. of Joshua and Grace Prentiss, b. Jan. 14, 1168, d. Nov. 11, 1839. Mr. Prentiss for many years was town clerk of Marblehead, till his decease.
34. GRACE BUBIER6 b. Nov. 10, 1 790; d. July 17, 1791.
35. GRACE BUBIER6 b. Oct. 3, 1792; d. July 4,1846; m. first, May 26, 1813, John, son of John and Sarah Reynolds, b. about 1789, d. Sept. 23, 1822. Married second Feb. 10, 1836, John, son of John and Ruth (Coombs) Haskell, b. July 21, 1789. No issue by Mr.White. (See White Family, Gen. 5, No. 60.)
HENRY PRENTISS7 b. Oct. 1813.
SALLY SMITH7 b. A pill 9,1815.
WILLIAM HOOPER7 b. Juno 17, 1817
MICHAEL II7 b. Jan. 27, 1819. (See White Family, Ben. 6, No. 70.)
JOHN Q. ADAMS7 b. Jan. 7, 1821.
RUTH C. H.7 b. Nov. 27, 1822.
36. MARY6 b. Oct. 1,1791; d. July 17, 1795
37. WILLIAM6 b. June 2,1798; d. Oct. 13, 1850
38. THOMAS COOMBS6 b. June 2,1800; d. Sept. 5,1866
39. MARY6 b. Feb. 21, 1802; d. Dec. 8, 1851; m. April 13, 1826, John, son of Edmund and Abigail LEWIS, b. Feb. 25, 1799, living at present with his son Joshua, on Mugford Street. Four children —
EDMUND7 b. Oct. 13, 1828
THOMAS H.7 b. Nov. 14, 1830
JOSHUA P.7 b. July 28, 1833.
MARY ABBY7 b. July 1, 1836; d. Oct. 30, 1855.
40. RUTH COOMBS6 b. March 4,1804; d. May 22, 1 823.
41. MICHAEL6 b. Feb. 25, 1806 ; d. in the winter of 1819.