Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
I have not yet ascertained the relationship of John and “Billy” Wright. “Billy” may have been the father or a brother of John. John moved from Nelson to Sullivan, and Billy bought land there. His land in Sullivan, was on the Alonzo Mason lot, and he may have lived in the house on that lot for a while. Perry Wright, a son of Tabitha (looks as if spelled Talatha on Nelson records), an adopted son of Billy Wright and Sally his wife, d. at Packersfield (now Nelson), Feb. 24, 1814. William Wright of Packersfield, m. Oct. 1, 1793, Sally Willard of Lancaster, Mass. On records of Dublin is found, William Wright, m. May 3, 1804 Sally Dunckley. “Billy” Wright, a joiner, is in Dublin in 1805. There was a “Billy” Wright, who d. in Surry, Feb. 21, 1874, unm., and known to have been a son of Oliver. The relationship of these several Billy Wrights requires further investigation.
John Wright, m. Jan. 1, 1795, Phebe Stoddard, dau. of Richard and Rachel (Hill) Stoddard. She m. after his death, in Sullivan, in 1815. Ch.:
- Polly2, b. Packersfield, Apr. 7, 1795.
- Rachel2, b. Packersfield, Mar. 9, 1797.
- Phebe2, b. Packersfield, Dec. 7, 1798.
- Chloe2, b. Packersfield, May 14, 1801.
- Clarissa2, b. Packersfield, May 25, 1803.
- Milan2, b. S., Dec. 25, 1807; d. in S., Aug. 17, 1831, unm.
- Minot2, b. Oct. 6, 1812 in Sullivan.