Genealogy of Howard Baker
W170 HOWARD BAKER: b. in Maine, July 12, 1810; d. Jan. 1889-served in Civil War; m. on Dec. 9, 1840, to Maria Boice, of Maine, b. November 22, 1820, d. April 4, 1910, at time of marriage a school teacher in Cambridge, Mass.; 7 children.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
- Gardiner Bowen: b. in Solon, Maine, Nov. 30, 1842; struck by truck and killed May 4, 1847.
- Mary Ella: b. in Solon, Me., Jan. 13, 1845, still living in Avon, Mass.; m. Ira May; 7 children.
- Alice: d. Sept., 1927.
- William: m. Pearl; 4 children-Emmery, Ira, Marion and Muriel.
- Emma: m.; d.; left no heirs.
- Mabel and Charles. 2 children died in infancy.
- Charles Howard: b. Solon, Me., Feb. 2, 1847; d. Aug. 1, 1918 served as drummer boy in Civil War, State Congressman in Mass.; 3 children-all living.
- Bessie M. Whipple of Swampscott, Mass.
- Chas. H. of Lynn.
- P. H. of Swampscott.
- Winfield Scott: b. Solon, Maine, March 24, 1849, d. May, 1917; m. Lydia; 2 children.
- Lottie: m. Arthur Barnes, who d. Apr., 1926, her present address is Orris St., Melrose Highlands, Mass. Child Lydia, b. Aug., 1914.
- Winfield: m. Alice Randall; 3 children.
- Helen: b. Aug. 31, 1900; d. July, 1922.
- Edith: b. Sept., 1905; d. Oct., 1905.
- Grace: b. Sept., 1908.
- Millard Fillmore: b. in Randolph, Mass., Jan. 6, 1851; m. Hattie Dizer; present address St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Ralph J. of Bridgewater, Mass.: m.; has 2 boys and 2 girls.
- Wallace of Asburnham, Mass.: m.; has 2 girls and 1 boy.
- George Wood: b. Braintree, Mass., April 19, 1854; m. Alida Dizer, no heirs; present address Wolaston, Mass.
- Howard: b. Braintree, Mass., April 2, 1857; d. Dec. 10, 1918; m. Janet E. Alexander of St. Johns, N. B., on July 10, 1889.
- Alida Annet: b. June 24, 1890, at S. Weymouth, Mass.
- Lina Isabel: b. March 2, 1892, at S. Weymouth, Mass.; m. Myron E. Goodhue of N. H. on March 26, 1921.
- Lura: b. Jan. 6, 1922.
- Leslie: b. March 5, 1925.
- Lyle: b. Jan. 31, 1927.
- George Alexander: b. Oct. 4, 1894, d. Oct. 12, 1918, at Walter Reed Hospital, while serving in World War; graduated from Iowa State College, after having attended Mercersburg, Pa., prep. school; m. Ida Bezdichek June 23, 1917; 1 child: George Winsel, b. Aug. 15, 1918.
- Harold David: b. April 7, 1896; m. Helen Cresey Jan. 20, 1923; one child: Shirley May, b. July 24, 1924.