Frederick P. Todd7, (Thomas Jefferson6, Caleb5, Gideon4, Gideon3, Michael2, Christopher1) born June 24, 1837, in Thompson, Geauge County, Ohio, married, May 30, 1865, Mary A., daughter of George B. Ford, who was born Oct. 13, 1844.
In early life he went to Nebraska with his parents in the year 1857, where he remained until 1860, when he went to De Wittville, N. Y., where he attended school during the winter of 1860-61, then he attended the spring and fall terms at the Westfield (N. Y.) Academy in the year of 1861. In the winter of 1861-62, he taught school on Chautauqua Hill. In the spring of 1862 he returned to Plattsmouth, Neb., where he studied law with Hon. T. M. Marquette the following summer. The next winter he taught school in Mills County, Iowa, and the summer of 1863, he was employed in the office of the County Treasurer of Cass County, Iowa. Thence in the fall he went to Jamestown, N. Y., and obtained work in A. M. Harrington’s Dry Goods store where he remained until 1866, when in June he returned to Plattsmouth, Neb., and during the following winter he taught school in the Stocking District in Cass County, Neb. From 1867 to 1874 he lived in Plattsmouth and Nebraska City, Neb., engaged in Merchantile and Sewing Machine business. In the fall of 1874, he returned to Jamestown, N. Y., where he has since resided having been engaged in the Dry Good’s business until about Jan. 1, 1880, when he became interested in the Insurance and Real Estate business. From 1880-84, he was Clerk of the town of Ellicott, Jamestown, then being a village and a part of that town. About 1885, he was elected secretary of the Chautauqua First Equitable Building Society and conducted the business until it was closed up and merged into the Union Trust Company in 1893, of which he was the organizer and the first secretary. When first elected secretary, the resources of the Society were about $8,000, in 1893, they had increased to the amount of $475,000.
*1732. George B., b. Oct. 24, 1867.