Robert1 Huestis 1Data (from records) submitted by Bertha S. (Huestis) Dearling (Mrs. H. D.), direct descendant of Robert Huestis, brother of Michael. Address: West 3127 Alice Ave., Spokane, Wash. Data also submitted by Thos. B. Huestis, Fletcher Trust Bldg., Indianapolis, Indiana. , married Ruth d. soon after the birth of his only child, David. Probably lived in Dutchess County, N. Y.
- * David Huestis.
David2 Huestis, son of Robert; m. Elizabeth Wooley in Dutchess County, N. Y. After the Revolutionary War, in which he was a soldier, David Huestis moved to Herkimer County, N. Y., where he raised his seven children:
- Robert Huestis, b. May 7, 1760; d. Aug. 17, 1835 ; m. Margaret Griggs. Abel m. Cynthia Gordinier (sister of Margaret).
- Rachel Huestis.
- Edward Huestis.
- Eleanor Huestis.
- Michael Huestis.
- Lydia Huestis.
- Abel Huestis.
Michael3 Huestis, b. Aug. 8, 1772; m. at Kinderhook, Columbia County, N. Y., Margaret (called Peggy) Gordinier, who was b. Jan. 3, 1773 ; she d. Feb. 24, 1823,; her mother’s maiden name was Holmes. Michael Huestis came to Rodman, N. Y., in 1810, from Warren, Herkimer County, N. Y.; he settled in the northern part of the town where he engaged in farming; he served as Justice of the Peace for many years, and was in the mercantile business in Rodman. He d. May 8, 1849; both he and his wife are buried at Rodman. Children (11):
- Hannah Huestis, b. December 17, 1797 ; d. May 11, 1869 m. George W. Jenks ; four children: Mary, Alonzo, Maxwell, and Laura Ann. Mary m. Giles Glass; she owned the parrot called “Paul”. Family buried at Rodman.
- John Huestis, b. April 30, 1801 ; d. Jan. 26, 1858.
- Valariah Huestis, b. Jan. 27, 1803 ; d. Dec. 3, 1832 ; buried at Rodman; m. Levi Lawton; three children; Chancey, Orrin, and Jackson.
- Anna Huestis, b. 1809, triplet; m. Eber Cole Budlong at Rodman; moved to Darlington, Wis.; d. there Jan. 17, 1864, and is buried in Union Grove Cemetery; five children: Phoebe Anna, David Huestis, Eber C., Jr., Medora E., and Charles Rose.
- Annis Huestis, b. 1809, triplet; m.. William Wood; two sons: Charles and Peck.
- Boy who d. at birth in 1809, triplet.
- Michael Huestis, Jr., b. June 4, 1810 ; d. June 11, 1811.
- David Huestis, b. June 10, 1812; d. Sept. 17, 1890 ; m. Anna Maria Hills (h. Oct. 21, 1811 ; d. Jan. 25, 188!), Jan. 30, 1834 ; three children : Helen A., Emeret Amelia, and Benjamin Frank. Family buried at Rod-man.
- Elizabeth Huestis, b. May 8, 1814 ; d. Nov. 1,1892 ; buried in Fairview Cemetery, Rodman; m. Daniel King Edwards (brother of Rufus) .; eight children: Lydia Ann, Martha Jane, Mariette, Elizabeth, Innocent, Orren Franklin, John Sylvester, and Alice Medora. (For family genealogy see page).
- Ruth (spelled Reuth) Huestis, b. Feb. 11, 1816, at Rodman d. Dec. 17, 1890, at Darlington, Wisconsin; m. Rufus Edwards (brother of Daniel King); two children: Margaret Antometta, and Jennie Melissa. See: The Descendants of Daniel and Hannah Edwards of Coventry CT
- Hugh Huestis, b. July 6, 1818, at Rodman; d. March 26,1870; buried in Fairview Cemetery, Rodman; m. Achsah Thompson; three children : Eunice (m. William Patrick,; d. Adams), Edwin (d. Mar. 2, 1841 buried at Adams, N. Y.), and Edgar.
Footnotes: [ + ]
|1.||↩||Data (from records) submitted by Bertha S. (Huestis) Dearling (Mrs. H. D.), direct descendant of Robert Huestis, brother of Michael. Address: West 3127 Alice Ave., Spokane, Wash. Data also submitted by Thos. B. Huestis, Fletcher Trust Bldg., Indianapolis, Indiana.|