Bell of Mynthurrt and Bell of Glasgow
Discover your family's story.
Enter a grandparent's name to get started.
G138 ARCHIBALD BELL, of Glasgow : 1780-1850.
(1) John, of Glasgow : 1806-1881.
(A) Sir Henry: created a baronet 1909-G139.
(B) Sir James.-G140.
G139 SIR HENRY: 1st baronet of Mynthurst, Reigart, Surrey , J. P., b. 1848; Director of the Buenos Ayres Great Southern Railway.
(1) Eastman: M. C., B. A. Oxford; b. 1886.
(2) Henry James: M. C., Major Surrey Yeom.; b. 1886.
(3) Lucy Putnam: b. 1888; m. 1916, Maurice Fitz-Gerald.
G140 SIR JAMES: created a Baronet 1895, C. B. (1917), of Marlborough Terrace,
Govan, Glasgow; Vice-Lieut. for City of Glasgow ; Lord Provost of Glasgow, 1892-96; b. 1850.
(1) John: J. P. Lanarkshire and Ayrshire; b. 1876.
(2) James: b. 1879; served in S. African War, killed in action Oct. 31, 1901 .
(3) Helen : m. 1910, Charles Eugene Gunther.